Sunday 13 July 2025
A $750,000 investment surge is set to put Melbourne's annual sex extravaganza event back on the map and push it into a bigger venue.
It appeared the days of such gatherings were gone last year when it was revealed Sexpo had been indefinitely postponed amid financial difficulties.
The adult lifestyle exhibition was later forced into liquidation.
But David Ross, who founded the event in 1996, moved to set up a replacement, which he has dubbed SexEx.
Mr Ross, known to some as Mr Sexpo, has rejuvenated things to the point where SexEx was scheduled to be held at the Melbourne Pavilion from September 14 to 16.
Now, he says, an extra $750,000 has been tipped in because of high demand from exhibitors.
That has meant that SexEx will be run at the bigger Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Mr. Ross said the event would go beyond just sexually themed content and include spa pools, fashion and beauty services.
After its start by Mr. Ross 29 years ago, Sexpo was also held in London and South Africa.